Friday, October 21, 2016

kale avocado pasta salad

hey guys, I figured it was about time to share this recipe once and for all.


I made this once upon a time inspired by another kale noodle bowl and you can probably find it in the archives if you want to, but every time I make it, I realize that my recipe is completely different... my littlest sister requested it last week, so I threw it together and noted the ingredients I use in the end.


it goes like this:

  • one package of gluten free rice spaghetti-style noodles
  • one bunch of kale
  • one big avocado or one and a half smallish avocados
  • generous splashes of lemon juice
  • generous splashes of liquid aminos
  • lots of salt
  • little bit of olive oil
  • one clove ish garlic, minced
  • grilled chicken (separate, chopped up)



I recommend making this a day ahead of when you want to eat it, because it's better if it's been in the fridge for awhile.

first of all, get some water boiling for your noodles.  meanwhile, wash and dry your kale and cut it up into bits/ribbons.  throw it in a big mixing bowl and kind of knead it with a small amount of olive oil and salt, and set it aside.

next, while your noodles are cooking, make the avocado dressing.  you'll put the avocado, lemon juice, liquid aminos, and garlic into a blender and puree it all up.  I add enough water for the blender to take and run it until it's all smooth.  you can also put the leftover avocado dressing on toast if you end up with too much!

drain your noodles, rinse them with hot water, and add them to the mixing bowl with the kale.  pour in the avocado dressing (it'll still be pretty thick) and use one of those grabby pasta spoon things to mix everything around so it gets tangled together.  cover the bowl and refrigerate for about a day... when you're ready to eat it, chop up some grilled chicken and add it to whatever portion you dish out, for protein.


this stuff is really good, you guys, and it makes a lot and lasts so well in the fridge... let me know if you try it out!