Thursday, May 19, 2016

holy crayola, one week later...

hey kids.

fair warning: my brain is so fried, all creative endeavors seem impossible at the moment.  all the same, I'm writing this post because it's been a week since my last post here, and technically I'm done with school, maybe forever.


very strange, yeah? after more or less the past entire life, I'm not looking at another class or homework assignment.  I don't say "no more exams" because I'm going to be taking some actuarial exams, but do they count? debatable, since the first few look like fun and also most of exam p can be done in my head via venn diagram?  oddly enough, it doesn't feel strange at all.  just like I expected to feel weird when I arrived here, knowing full well I'd be at the bottom of the intellectual totem pole, and it didn't bother me at all.  the brain is a funny thing.


liverpool lost the europa league final yesterday, after a truly phenomenal performance from sevilla in the second half.  I just thought I'd mention that in case you don't follow me on twitter and therefore miss out on my excessive football whining.


I have a big list of things to do now that school is over, so watch this space for book reviews and daytrip reports.  for example, this weekend I'm going to the riverhead aquarium, so I'll take my camera and share - hopefully - a bazillion pictures of jellyfish with you.  I hope they have jellyfish.  they're my favorite.


this morning I accidentally said "different than" instead of "different from" and my head exploded.  this post is being written by a ghost, on which we can blame its scattered nature.  on my gravestone, please emboss the words, "here lies lydia, who butchered the english language and hated herself so much she spontaneously combusted."


can I just say that my favorite thing ever is having one of those students who comes to both of my recitations and my office hours and works really hard and then aces a really hard final and it just makes me want to cry I'm so proud!  just warms your heart.

well, now this post has gone on entirely too long for saying absolutely nothing in it, so I'll sign off now. happy thursday, everybody!