Sunday, April 17, 2016

record feature: love will turn you around



mixed feelings about this post...  I'm not sure if it's weird?  this is a throwback, sure, kenny rogers from the early 80s... but this was one of the first records I ever picked up after I got my turntable, at a goodwill like thirty minutes south with very slim pickin's. 


so maybe it's a not-so-distant-nostalgia that makes me love this album?  it just grew on me.  there are couple songs that I really do enjoy, and during a low spell, I put this on several times a day right after I got it.  it's good clean country with catchy tunes and wholesome if dorky lyrics (I said early 80s, what were you expecting?).  the record is in great shape as well!  one of the better-preserved ones in my modest collection.


I know this won't be everyone's cup of tea, but if you do want to check out the album, I'm embedding it below.  some of the songs that I enjoy most are the title track, "take this heart," "if you can lie a little bit," and "the fool in me."