Thursday, April 21, 2016

happy thursday

greetings from my home-away-from-home starbucks.


it's been a long week, and there's still another long week to go, but that's okay.  I can't believe it's thursday already, and I haven't been here quite as often as I usually am, but it's noisy, so it's making up the difference.

there's an extremely pragmatic russian at the next table, who is telling his lady friend that if one is eating a hot breakfast sandwich, and it gets cold, one can just stop eating it because there are lots of good sandwich places all over the island.

they're training a new barista here. anyone remember adventures in odyssey? because this kid looks just like eugene meltsner.


two of my new students have actually seen veggie tales, so let's all give a big welcome back! to my "this has been ______ with Lydia" verbal meme.

my county is too poor to afford those little "I voted!" stickers.  I just don't know how to feel about this.  I mean, the privilege of exercising my right to vote is just so...flat without a small adhesive pat on the back.


it may not sound like it, but driving an hour in the early morning light on weekends to go teach is a very pleasant experience.  in case you wondered, my little car gets fantastic gas mileage on the parkway. I'm very happy with the statistics my little mpg app is calculating.

I have another hour or so here, and today is my short time off before I have to grade 266 exams, so I'm going to go get some writing done.  I hope you all are having an excellent thursday!


L