Thursday, February 11, 2016

throwback photos #1

I'm planning on doing a bit of a weekly feature of some of my old photography from several years ago. it might inspire me to get back into it, though blogging in general tends to require photo content, so that should be motivation as well.  anyways, I hope you enjoy these!

in 2011 I did a lot of self-portraits, but that seems kind of...weird to put here(?).  I was processing a lot, and used photography as a major avenue to figure myself out and try to alleviate a lot of self-loathing.  I picked a few photos here that have a kind of soft, hazy feel that only appeared a few times over the year.  I guess what I'm saying is, what I'm interested in showcasing here are the pockets of light that cropped up in a more angsty emotional phase of life.