I actually didn't have any blueberries, and I wanted plainer bagels anyway, so I left those out. So what I did was:
- made a half-batch to test it out, and since I'm the only person in the house who's into bagels, four turned out perfect to last me a few days without going bad.
- added a splash of water since the dough seemed dry.
- used just a shade less yeast. I think I used about a third of a packet?
- added about a tablespoon of coconut nectar (a sweetener with a low glycemic index) to the water since most bagel recipes call for molasses or honey in the boil.
- boiled the bagels only about 30 seconds on each side.
- after removing from the boil, I let them sit on the pan a little to dry off just enough to become sticky, and then dipped the tops into a plate of sesame or poppy seeds.