Wednesday, June 25, 2014

quick review: colgate whitening pen


I'm a coffee drinker.  I have phases and all, but I really always drink coffee or tea once a day.  I've been considering some sort of whitening solution to try to maintain my teeth and fight any stains.  I bought this toothbrush-pen-combo from Amazon, but it's also available at Walgreens.


The brush itself is okay, but definitely unnecessary and just there to add to the price.  It's got these funky little scraper-like things.  It is kinda cute how the pen stores in the brush, and I must admit it's nice to only carry this and my toothpaste back and forth to communal bathrooms.

So to use it, you just brush your teeth like normal with your own toothpaste.  Then, I like to kind of wipe down the fronts of my teeth because I think the whitening gel sticks better to a dry surface.  You twist the bottom of the pen to bring up some of the gel, and start applying it over your teeth.  This involves making a lot of angry-dragon-faces in the mirror.  Embrace it.  Then you just leave it be!  You apply it in the morning and evening.  I find that if I brush my teeth first thing in the morning, the weird gel feeling has worn off by the time I get to breakfast.


I've been using it for about a week now, and I wouldn't say the effect is dramatic, but for a maintenance and not-very-harsh solution, I'm satisfied with it.