Tuesday, April 8, 2014

elephant ring holder

I apologize in advance about the lack of details in this quick diy...but I think you'll get the gist.


I made this little guy out of Crayola Air-Dry clay while I was at home on Spring Break.

Step 1: Start with about a palm-sized chunk of clay.


Step 2: Shape it into an animal.  I did an elephant.  All I really had to do was roll a little, pinch a little, flatten off some ears...yep!

Step 3: Let it dry for two to three days.


Step 4: Search your house for some metallic spray paint.  I didn't find any.  Resort to creative alternatives.  I used a metallic calligraphy pen I found to paint my elephant gold.

Step 5: Search your house for some spray-on polyurethane.  I didn't find any.  Decide to use clear nail polish as a sealant.  It works great!


Step 6:  Finished!  He's so handy!