Saturday, April 19, 2014

dorm room breakfast

Now I'm the first to admit...my breakfast is often just a cup of coffee...but that's not good!  If I can get them, bagels are my first choice, but a little variety is good!  Here's what I had for breakfast this morning--quick and easy:


Cut an avocado in half and scoop out any bruises/bad spots.  Then take your knife and make long, uniform slices without piercing through the back skin.  Use a large spoon to scoop out the avocado in one piece, leaving you with a bunch of nice slices!  Slice a piece of baguette in half and lightly toast it.  Arrange your avocado slices, and sprinkle with salt.  Don't waste the other avocado half! Coat the cut surface with lemon juice, cover it with plastic wrap, and refrigerate it for a snack later on.  


And just because we're having a real breakfast does not mean we neglect our cold brew coffee!