Tuesday, March 25, 2014

starter make-up for young teens


I believe it was back in January, while I was at home, that my younger sister Hannah mentioned wanting to get into a little bit of make-up.  I pulled a little bit of a Popular and "simply haaaad to take over" her induction.

I'm a big fan of keeping make-up minimal while girls are younger.  In fact, I think my mom had to drag me into using some mascara.  Plus, Hannah has pretty much perfect skin, so she really doesn't need much!  See below what I recommended for her, and months later, she's still a fan!

1. +COVERGIRL concealer for any redness or problem spots.  We both use the Neutralizer shade, since we're super fair-skinned.  I personally prefer the Rimmel Hide The Blemish concealer, but that can be harder to find. (Hint: Walgreens)  I use the Covergirl one right now anyway, and I think the only difference is it's a bit dryer.

2. +Rimmel Stay Matte Powder for any shinyness.  We both use this minimally, but it's great for the T-zone or setting your concealer.  Again, with super fair skin, we use Transparent.

3. We picked up the Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal liner.  She wanted a good brown color that didn't have too much red in it.

4. Hannah's favorite mascara is +Maybelline's  Volum' Express.  I actually want to get my hands on that now...

5. When she came to visit last week, she brought her new +e.l.f. Cosmetics eyeshadow palettes.  She's definitely very light on these, and like me, probably only uses any eyeshadow on Sunday.  These are nice neutrals, and since she has blue eyes, she leans toward bronze-y shades.

I think that's about all a teenager would need to get started!