Tuesday, March 11, 2014

diy conditioner



So I ran out of hair conditioner this week.  Awhile ago, I made a semi-resolution that when I ran out of various stuff like that, I would try all-natural at-home diys instead of buying a new one.  So, in a travel bottle I had lying around, I mixed about 2/3 warm water and 1/3 organic lemon juice.  I keep it in the shower, and after shampooing, I just squirt it on my hair and let it sit for several minutes.  Rinsing with cold water gives you bonus shine.  Now, my hair is somewhat dry, so post-shower, sometimes I run about a drop of macadamia oil through it.  For the record, I have super-fine, ultra-straight hair and not much of it, so it's not frizzy, but it does knot up pretty bad.  Part of the shinyness is just natural, but I really like the lemon juice rinse so far!