Thursday, February 27, 2014

currently reading #3


I don't usually have a lot of time for reading during the school year, but this semester I actually have enjoyable reading assigned to me!  I'm taking Devotional Poetry, and I must say...it's a pretty rad class.  Anyways, here are the books I've been reading lately:

John Donne: Selections from Divine Poems, Sermons, Devotions, and Prayers (Edited by John Booty)
May I just recommend to you the divine poems for sure.  His devotions are also thought provoking, but much less...um...enjoyable.  For me, anyways.  I have not read the other two sections of the book.

Dune (by Frank Herbert)
This one is a classic science fiction.  It's long, so it's taken me awhile to read it while in school, but I've enjoyed it.  It's very elaborate, with plenty of culture and science and history at play, and I can definitely respect that.

Journey Through Genius: The Great Theorems of Mathematics (by William Dunham)
We're using this as our main "textbook" for my History of Math class.  It probably won't appeal unless you're into math and history, but it is very well written and I find it entertaining.