Friday, May 31, 2013

diy: pocket notebook


Today's diy is a quick and easy pocket notebook tutorial!  I made a series of these out of scrap papers and cardboard from used notebooks, and carried one with me everywhere I went.  This was during a major cartooning phase, but I also kept notes and lists in them.


My spiral-bound notebooks, by the time I'm finished with them, are often quite embellished all over!  I reused the cardboard back cover, which was conveniently decorated!  Once you've made a paper booklet as shown in the how-to above, just glue down two cardboard covers to the end papers and create a spine with several layers of masking tape.  


Fill it with drawings and notes and quotes!


Bonus points for Dante in Italian.  



The octopus is my favorite animal!



If you think I'm exaggerating Kant's head, he did it first!

Let me know if you give this diy a go!